BOOKS BY PAULINE HAGA:
- "Tribute to the Coal Miner, Volume One" - Eccles, Panoramic photos of Raleigh County Miners
- "Tribute to the Coal Miner, Volume Two" - McAlpin, Hotcoal, Tams, Lillybrook
- "Tribute to the Coal Miner, Volume Three"
- "Tribute to the Coal Miner, Volume Four" - Raleigh, Affinity, Stanaford, Wingrove, Hotcoal, others
- "Tribute to the Coal Miner, Volume Five" - Stphenson, Glen Rogers, Kopperston
- "Tribute to the Railroader"
- "Schooldays of Yesteryear" - Schools in the coal camps
- "Historical Footprints" - Coal camp post offices
There are also some private printings of books by her at the Raleigh County Public Library, like "Down on the Gulf," a compilation of her
newspaper articles in the Beckley Post Herald.
BOOKS FROM THE C&O HISTORICAL SOCIETY - CLIFTON FORGE, VA:
"Chesapeake & Ohio in the Coal Fields"
"Chesapeake & Ohio, Coal, and Color"
"Chesapeake & Ohio Railway in the Coalfields of West Virginia and Kentucky"
"Coal Mine Directory, October 1950"
W.P. Tams, Jr. - "The Smokeless Coalfields of West Virginia - A Brief History"
George D. Torok - "A Guide To Historic Coal Towns of the Big Sandy River Valley" (The title is a misnomer, as the book actually covers Mingo, McDowell and Logan Counties, as well as Eastern Kentucky and Southwestern Virginia)
H.B. Lee - "Bloodletting in Appalachia" (about UMWA wars)
David Sibray - "Raleigh County 1899-1999: A Century of Pictures"
Jim Wood - "Raleigh County, West Virginia" and "Raleigh County Mine Deaths in 1891-2000"
Mary Legg Stevenson - "Coal Towns of West Virginia" and "From Affinity to Winding Gulf"
Melody Bragg - "Window To The Past" series (Fayette County)
Stan Cohen - "King Coal" (subtitled "A Pictorial Heritage of West Virginia Coal Mining")
Dennis Deitz - "The Layland Mine Explosion" - First-hand accounts of the mining disaster at Layland and a second chapter about deep mining at Quinwood, WV.
Dr. Stuart McGehee and Eva McGuire - "A Century of Stewardship - The History of Pocahontas Land Corporation"
James E. Casto - "Southern West Virginia Coal Country" (postcard picture book)
Richard Flanigan - "The Sing of Gassy Coal...Shaft Sining For Mines"
Alex Schust - "Gary Hollow" and "Coalwood" (also touches on Caretta, and Six)
"West Virginia Panoramic Coalfield Photography" - beautiful Red Ribble pictures
George Hughes - "Son of a West Virginia Coal Miner"
David Corbin - "Life, Work, and Rebellion in the Coalfields" (UMWA union wars)
Rebecca Bailey - "Matewan Before the Massacre"
OUT OF PRINT BUT WORTH SEARCHING FOR:
- "History of the West Virginia Coal Industry" by Phil Conley (1960) - The inspiration for this website
- "The New River Company" by Robert Craigo(1976)