HOME>WESTERN PA>CONNELLSVILLE COALFIELD>LEISENRING 1

LEISENRING NO. 1, PA

www.addlikebutton.net


Company store at Leisenring No. 1, a patch built in 1880 by the Connelsville Coke and Iron Company. (Apr. 2002 image by author)


The company store and patch at Leisenring, later owned by U.S. Steel. (Apr. 2002 image by author)


These coke ovens at Leisenring No. 1 were torn out in 2002 to make more parking for Divito Park, although nothing has been built there. The coal mines and coke yard there closed in 1954. (Apr. 2002 image by author)


A vintage view of Leisenring No. 1. The tipple is at the present day site of Divito Park and the still existing company store is in the center background. (Image courtesy Coal and Coke Heritage Center, Penn State Fayette)


WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA COALFIELDS

APPALACHIAN COALFIELDS HOME