Pennsylvania mine records showed Natalie Colliery opened in 1892. However, no operator was listed, and the name disappeared in 1893. In 1896, Natalie Anthracite Coal Company opened (reopened?) Natalie Colliery. By 1898, the operation was in receivership with the Pittsburg (sic) Trust Co. Shamokin Coal Company brought Natalie Colliery out of receivership and operated three slope portals into 1903. No production was reported for a few years after that. Colonial Collieries Company reopened Natalie in 1908. A new breaker was constructed in 1911 and updated in 1915 with jigs and shaker screens. At times, Colonial reported up to five slope portals open into the Skidmore, Buck Mountain, and Lykens Valley veins, and production volumes were very respectable. In 1927, Colonial Collieries made the momentous decision to build a new breaker and process coal not only from Natalie, but also from nearby Greenough Colliery, which they had acquired. A vertical shaft was also sunk at the breaker. From this point on, the operation would be known as Colonial Colliery. Colonial continued the operation into at lease the late 1930s and possibly the early 1940s. By the mid 1940s, Natalie Coal Corp. was operating the breaker (known again as the Natalie breaker) to process coal from nearby small operators, strippings, culm bank remining, and their own Brennan Mine. Natalie Coal Corp. closed coal operations at Natalie in 1952.