HOME>WESTERN PA>SOMERSET COALFIELD>MISCELLANEOUS

MISC. SOMERSET FIELD

www.addlikebutton.net


Today only the company-built patch houses, but not the coal mining complex, remain at Gray, PA. Consolidation Coal Co. built Gray in 1913 for the miners of their mines No. 123 and No. 124, not far from their mines at Jenners. Mining ended in 1959 or 1960. (Apr. 2009 image by author)


A little country church near Blackfield, Pa. (2018 image by author)


Coleman (also known as Coleman Station) was once owned and operated by Georges Creek Parker Coal Company and, later, Roy's Smithing Coal Company. (2018 image by author)


At one time the Listie Mining Company was located in Listie, Pa. These days, however, Listie has lost the coal town look. (2018 image by author)



Home